September 21, 2016 - 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
A Conversation with the Legends: Themes of the Case, Opening Statements & Closing Arguments
Senior partner David A. Barry joins the third installment of MCLE's groundbreaking series "A Conversation with the Legends," which brings together some of the best trial lawyers in Massachusetts for a fireside chat. The focus of this year is on effectively developing and presenting themes of the case, opening statements and closing arguments. Co-Chairs Frances A. McIntyre, a veteran trial lawyer and retired Superior Court judge, and Richard Zielinksi, a general trial lawyer will interview eight Legends of the trial bar about these important topics.
- How to Effectively Develop and Present Themes of the Case
- How to Organize and Present a Persuasive Opening Statement
- The Use of Exhibits and Demonstratives in Openings and Closings
- How to “Argue” Your Case in Openings
- When to Prepare Your Closing Argument
- How to Effectively Address the Law in Your Closing
- Demonstrations of Effective Openings and Closings
- How to Connect with Jurors During Openings and Closings
- What Can Go Wrong in Openings and Closings
- “Ask the Experts” Q&A Session
Please click here to learn more and to register.
Speakers: David A. Barry
MCLE Conference Center | 10 Winter Place, Boston, MA