Tony Doniger concentrates his practice in complex business, probate, domestic relations and professional liability litigation. He has extensive experience in the Massachusetts trial and appellate courts. Tony regularly represents clients in commercial disputes, intellectual property matters, professional malpractice cases, and complex domestic relations matters. He is certified under Massachusetts law and serves as a mediator in all such matters. He also is frequently called on to arbitrate complex cases in these areas, either through private arbitration or when appointed Special Master by Massachusetts Courts.
Tony’s clients include major national and international corporations, non-profit institutions and associations, and individuals engaged in manufacturing, banking, technology, real estate, the arts, investment, and professional services.
In addition to his litigation, mediation and arbitration practice, Tony has been a visiting lecturer in Law at Babson College Graduate School of Business Administration and a visiting instructor at the Harvard Law School Trial Advocacy Program. He is also a frequent lecturer for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. and local bar associations on matters of trial practice and evidence. Recognition:
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- The Best Lawyers in America (Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Family Law), 2006-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America, Boston Family Law "Lawyer of the Year", 2012
- Lawdragon 3000 Leading Lawyers in America, 2010, 2007, 2006
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers (Business Litigation), Boston magazine, 2005-2015; Top 10 Lawyers in Massachusetts, 2008-2011; Top 100 Lawyers in Massachusetts, 2005-2015; Top 100 Lawyers in New England, 2007-2015
- Named to "The Power List - Lawyers Weekly's roster of the state's most influential attorneys" (Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, December 2009)
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Boston Bar Association, former President, President-Elect, Vice President and Treasurer; former member, Boston Bar Association Council; founding Chair, Individual Rights and Responsibilities Section
- Boston Bar Foundation (Member, Board of Trustees, 2006-)
- Board of Bar Overseers Hearing Committee, former member
- Massachusetts IOLTA Committee, former member (Chair, 2002-2008)
- Massachusetts Access to Justice Commission (Member)
- Discovering Justice (Chair, Board of Trustees)
- Previous leadership positions in various professional and civic organizations, including the Supreme Judicial Court Advisory Committee on the Handicapped, the Legal Advocacy and Resource Center, and the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts, including service as both General Counsel and President
October 24, 2016 -
Sugarman Rogers Makes the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court's "Pro Bono Honor Roll"
As we celebrate National Pro Bono Week and Massachusetts Pro Bono Month, we
are pleased to announce that Sugarman Rogers has qualified for the Massachusetts
Supreme Judicial Court's (SJC) 2015 "Pro Bono Honor Roll."
October 21, 2016 -
Nineteen Sugarman Rogers Attorneys Recognized as "Super Lawyers" and "Rising Stars"
Nineteen lawyers from Sugarman Rogers have been included in this year’s edition of the Massachusetts "Super Lawyers" and "Rising Stars" lists.
Sixteen attorneys have been named to the 2016 "Super Lawyers" list, an honor based on peer review and professional ...Learn more
August 15, 2016 -
Twelve Sugarman Rogers Partners Named 2017 Best Lawyers in America
Sugarman Rogers is pleased to announce that twelve of its attorneys – over 70 percent of the firm’s partners – have been selected for inclusion in the 2017 edition of ...
January 28, 2016 -
SRBC Supports “Walk to the Hill for Civil Legal Aid”
SRBC proudly supports the Equal Justice Coalition’s 17th Annual “Walk to the Hill for Civil Legal Aid” on January 28. The walk is one of the largest lobby days at the Massachusetts State House, with a goal to urge lawmakers to approve a budget of $27 million for programs that provide civil legal aid to ...
November 06, 2015 -
SRBC Lawyers Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers
Twenty lawyers from SRBC have been included in this year’s edition of Massachusetts Super Lawyers
. Super Lawyers
annually publishes the results of a peer-survey and independent-research study designed to identify leading lawyers by state. In this year’s listings, SRBC ...Learn more
August 21, 2015 -
Thirteen SRBC Partners Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2016 List
Thirteen partners from the Boston-based civil litigation firm Sugarman, Rogers, Barshak & Cohen, P.C. received top rankings in the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® for their skills and expertise in their respective practice areas.