Tony Doniger concentrates his practice in complex business, probate, domestic relations and professional liability litigation. He has extensive experience in the Massachusetts trial and appellate courts. Tony regularly represents clients in commercial disputes, intellectual property matters involving claims of trademark and copyright infringement and unfair competition, employer/employee disputes, and complex domestic relations matters. He frequently serves as a mediator or arbitrator in all such matters.
Tony’s clients include major national and international corporations, non-profit institutions and associations, and individuals engaged in manufacturing, banking, technology, real estate, the arts, investment, and professional services.
In addition to his litigation practice, Tony has been a visiting lecturer in Law at Babson College Graduate School of Business Administration and a visiting instructor at the Harvard Law School Trial Advocacy Program. He is also a frequent lecturer for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. and local bar associations on matters of trial practice and evidence. Recognition:
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- The Best Lawyers in America (Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Family Law), 2006-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Boston Family Law Lawyer of the Year, 2012
- Lawdragon 3000 Leading Lawyers in America, 2010, 2007, 2006
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers (Business Litigation), Boston magazine, 2005-2012; Top 10 Lawyers in Massachusetts, 2008-2011; Top 100 Lawyers in Massachusetts, 2005-2012; Top 100 Lawyers in New England, 2007-2012
- Named to "The Power List - Lawyers Weekly's roster of the state's most influential attorneys" (Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, December 2009)
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Boston Bar Association, former President, President-Elect, Vice President and Treasurer; former member, Boston Bar Association Council; founding Chair, Individual Rights and Responsibilities Section
- Boston Bar Foundation (Member, Board of Trustees, 2006-)
- Board of Bar Overseers Hearing Committee, former member
- Massachusetts IOLTA Committee, former member (Chair, 2002-2008)
- Massachusetts Access to Justice Commission (Member)
- Discovering Justice (Chair, Board of Trustees)
- Previous leadership positions in various professional and civic organizations, including the Supreme Judicial Court Advisory Committee on the Handicapped, the Legal Advocacy and Resource Center, and the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts, including service as both General Counsel and President
October 24, 2012 -
22 SRBC Attorneys Recognized as "Super Lawyers"
Twenty-two SRBC lawyers have been listed among the top attorneys in Massachusetts in the annual Super Lawyers rankings.
September 12, 2012 -
Fifteen SRBC Lawyers Named Best Lawyers in America
Fifteen of SRBC's partners have been selected for inclusion in the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Best Lawyers calls itself “the definitive guide to legal excellence in the United States.” The publication annually ...
October 26, 2011 -
Sixteen SRBC Partners Named 2011 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
Massachusetts Super Lawyers, an annual peer-review and independent-research survey designed to identify the top five percent of lawyers in the state, has named 16 SRBC partners to its 2011 listing. Several of the partners were also distinguished on shortlists of top lawyers ...
October 07, 2011 -
Doniger and Goodheart are "Lawyers of the Year"
Having earlier named 13 SRBC partners to its 2011 annual Best Lawyers in America listing, Best Lawyers has singled out two of those partners--Tony Doniger and Lisa Goodheart--for further honors. Tony is Best Lawyers' 2012 Boston Family Law Lawyer of the Year, and Lisa is 2012 ...
September 09, 2011 -
Thirteen SRBC Lawyers Named to Best Lawyers in America
The 2012 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, described as "the definitive guide to legal excellence in the U.S." and based on a nationwide peer survey of more than 3.9 million lawyers, has named 13 SRBC partners to its annual list. The partners, and the Best Lawyers ...