Million Settlement for Child Victim of School Bus Accident
Million Settlement in Body Armor Case
$4.5 Million Settlement
for Parents of Slain College Student
Michael has achieved excellent results representing clients in catastrophic
personal injury matters. In his many years of experience, Michael has
obtained numerous large verdicts and settlements in medical malpractice,
premises liability, workplace injury, and motor vehicle accident cases. He
recently obtained a $4 million settlement on behalf of a child who sustained a
traumatic brain injury in a bus accident. He also recently obtained a $4.5
million settlement on behalf of the parents of a college student who was
murdered in her off-campus apartment.
In addition, Michael represents plaintiffs in litigation against the
pharmaceutical and medical device industries. He has had a major role in
the following litigation:
- Plaintiffs-Co-Lead Coordinating Counsel in In re: Consolidated Fresenius
Cases, an action involving claims against the manufacturer of GranuFlo, a
defective dialysate product used during dialysis.
- Plaintiffs' Executive Committee in In re: Specially Assigned Transvaginal
Mesh Implant Cases.
- Plaintiffs' Coordinating Counsel in In re: Massachusetts State Court Diet
Drug litigation in which he helped to obtain settlements for over 2,300
individuals injured by the Fen-Phen diet drug, Redux.
- Plaintiffs-Co-Liaison Counsel in In re: Specially Assigned Taxus Stent
Cases, currently in settlement.
He has represented law enforcement officers in a nationwide class action
against the manufacturers of defective body armor which resulted in a
substantial settlement. A follow-up suit against the foreign manufacturer
of the material used in the body armor recently settled for $6 Million.
He has lectured on issues of evidence and trial practice with the
Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Institute. Michael has formerly
served as Special Counsel to the Supreme Judicial Court Committee on
Professional Responsibility for Clerks of the Court.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- The Best Lawyers in America (Personal Injury Litigation), 2012-2015
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers (Personal Injury Plaintiff: Medical
Malpractice), Boston magazine, 2007-2014; Top 100 Lawyers in
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Benchmark Litigation Litigation Star (Plaintiff), Massachusetts,
- Benchmark Appellate First Circuit Litigation Star, Massachusetts,
- Boston Bar Association (former Chair, Tort Committee)
- American Association for Justice (formerly known as Association of Trial
Lawyers of America)
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys